We're glad to be back after two months break with another podcast episode. For the 8th episode, we have our first returning guest, James Wheatley (JamesWerty), who was with us at the MCM London episode before. James is an English cosplayer whom I first met at MCM London last October, and he's done plethora of cosplays over the years, including Joel from Last of Us, Logan, and Iron Fist.
Listen to James Wheatley tell us about his humble beginnings, his various cosplays, best moments cosplaying, personal interests, rants about cinema, and his future plans... which for the first time will have him shave his beard for a cosplay!
- James Wheatley on CosplayWon: https://www.cosplaywon.com/jameswerty
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/jameswerty/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jameswerty
- simply_photography_og: https://www.instagram.com/simply_photography_og/
- Maul Cosplay: https://www.instagram.com/maul_cosplay/
- Bojack Horseman: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3398228/
It was a year ago that Simone van der Steen (Miradel) decided to end her short cosplay career and be a cosplayer photographer instead. Without prior knowledge in photography, and a very modest gear, she focused on improving her skills, and managed to get her photoshoot work with Raven Star Cosplay as Aloy featured by Guerrilla Games at E3 2017!
Listen to this exciting episode as we try to learn more about this rising Dutch cosplay photographer, and how she got where she is today.
- Miradel on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/miradel.s
- Miradel on Instagram: http://instagram.com/miradel.s/
- Raven Star Cosplay: https://www.instagram.com/ravenstarcosplay/
- Overwatch: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/
- Orange Is The New Black: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2372162/
- Inuyasha http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290223/
- Spiderman Homecoming: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Sound Effects and Music:
- Westworld Intro Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYelEUVQ50g
- Horizon Zero Dawn Theme Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0SAuvSghHo
- "Are you serious": Horizon ingame cutscene
- Vedas (search sound): https://freesound.org/people/vedas/sounds/204826/
- Aiwha (Lego Bricks sound) https://freesound.org/people/Aiwha/
- Fratz (cough sound) https://freesound.org/people/Fratz/sounds/19116/
In this special episode we host three guests from MCM London Comiccon May 2017 and discuss our experience from London MCM, chat about swag, cosplays, accomodation and travel, and more. We wanted to hear from the cosplayers and photographers on the floor about their thoughts, and how they spend their day, and what effort goes in planning for it.
Our guests are James Werty (JamesWerty), Jade Sayers (OhNoItsJade), and Jessica Skidmore (AperturePhotography). We had a lot to talk about, and had a lot of fun doing so that we lost track of time, and hit almost 2 hours!
MCM London Comiccon May 2017 Album: https://www.cosplaywon.com/events/all/mcm-london-comiccon-may-2017
Instagram Cosplay: https://www.instagram.com/aperturecosplay/
Instagram Photography: https://www.instagram.com/aperturephotog/
Facebook Photography: https://www.facebook.com/aperturephotogr/
Facebook Cosplay: https://www.facebook.com/aperturecosplay/
Instagram Cosplay: https://www.instagram.com/ohnoitsjade/
Instagram Photography: https://www.instagram.com/ohnoitsjadephotography/
Facebook Cosplay: https://www.facebook.com/ohnoitsjadecosplay/
Facebook Photography: https://www.facebook.com/ohnoitsjadephotography/
Matt Baca: 3D props printing https://www.instagram.com/mbaca42/
Recommended TV Shows:
When Emily decided with her boyfriend a year ago to start cosplaying, she had no idea what influence this will have on her life. Getting into cosplay have not only sparked the creative part of Emily, but also improved her confidence and health life substantially.
For your own free cosplay page, join CosplayWon.com
When her nanny taught Sabrina sewing as a young child, she had no idea what this skill is gonna grow up into. Sabrina Carlotti (BriiMassacre) today is young known English cosplayer, costumer, prop maker, and makeup artist. Cosplaying has shaper her life in more than one way.
Lena Steinwachs (Warrior.Cosplay) is a German cosplayer, who is a little new to the cosplay world. Yet she is already proving to be a very fast learner, as can be seen from her cosplays and makeup talent. We get to know more about her, her passion, and the German cosplay community.
- Lena on CosplayWon
- Lena on Instagram
- Lena on Facebook
- Jessica Nigri
- Kamui Cosplay
- Episode photo edit by Cosplay Edit N Stuff.
Steve Taylor (DarkCovinusCosplay) is an English cosplayer, costumer, and prop maker. He's famous for his Bankai cosplay, which the voice actor behind the character, Vic Mignogna got to try himself! We speak to Steve about his start, passion, interest, funny and embarassing cosplay memories, and a bonus tip about his latest favorite survival game.
We spoke with Charlotte Woolrych, who is a young cosplayer, and a cosplay photographer from England.
You can follow her on Instagram at:
To signup for your own cosplay page with us, visit http://cosplaywon.com.
NOTE: We apologize for some of the technical difficulties with the audio. But we hope you can still enjoy Charlotte's lovely voice and insight.
Starbits Cosplay https://www.instagram.com/idapod
Santatory Cosplay https://www.instagram.com/santatory/
Scattered Sequins http://instagram.com/scattered_sequins
Steam Kittens http://steamkittens.com/
Town of Nightvale podcast http://www.welcometonightvale.com/